Project Manager – Dental Product Development
The Project Manager for Dental Product Development is a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, self-starter individual who works with the product development team to plan and organize projects from initiation to commercialization. These projects can be on a new and innovative idea or improvement on an existing idea. This individual will manage the day-day activities and work closely with identified stakeholders to deliver results successfully and in a timely manner. Organizational and communication skills are pre-requisites for this role. Familiarity with polymeric formulations, medical device/pharma regulations is a plus.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate, manage and update Design Control documentations throughout the product development process, facilitate gate reviews within projects
- Collaborate with the stakeholders to identify project scope, goals and deliverables (product inputs and requirements, specifications, launch)
- Develop timelines and track projects
- Determining product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volumes and preparing forecasts
- Market research for new or existing products/ideas. Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Work with internal/external teams for integrated product launch plans (marketing team, dealers, etc.)
- Support the sales team with answering their questions, possibly training, samples and etc.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents
- Ability to evaluate ideas from various aspects (feasibility, financials, regulatory, strategy and etc.)
- Facilitate meetings and conference calls with the goal of decision making
- Contributing to the team by leadership, team building and clear communication
- Partner with the Sr. Director of Product Development to support all projects
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in either project management, regulatory, quality, product development/management
- Understanding of brand demands and market data
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks with adjacent deadlines
- Time management is critical
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timetables
- Not afraid to ask questions and is persistent on follow-up when answers aren’t forthcoming
- Flexibility to work with individuals at all levels and adapt to changing tasks and expectations
- Maintain effective working relationship with team members, clients and vendors
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in managing medical device or pharmaceutical projects is preferred but not required.
- 4-year College Degree