- Seeking: We are currently seeking an Additive Manufacturing Associate (3D Printing) to join our Product Development team, focusing on our Dental Division.
- Shift: Hours of Operation are between 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, M-F, and the candidate will need to be able to work within that schedule. We are currently open to Part Time or Full Time, depending on the candidate and their current schedule.
- Position Type: We are currently open to Long Term Hire or Paid Internship, depending on the candidate and their current needs. If the candidate’s area of study allows/requires, we will work with the student and the university to ensure the student receives college credits.
The Additive Manufacturing Associate (AMA) will support the product launch of KeyPrint™, an industry leading, high-performance line of bio-compatible DLP 3D printing resins for the Dental industry. He/she will work under the Director of Product Development within the “Digital Solutions” aspect of the Dental division. The AMA will assist with project management, printer work-flow validation, and technical support for sales and marketing. The AMA will make regular presentations to leadership, customers, and internal teams, and should be comfortable in a fast paced, self-directed learning environment. This is a unique opportunity to make an impact within an innovative, technology driven, manufacturing company and to play an integral role within a global team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operate, maintain, and evaluate DLP 3D Printers, post-cure units, and other manufacturing support equipment
- Print and prepare demo parts in support of sales and marketing teams
- Document / maintain procedures and test results for validation of the Keyprint line of resins on various machines and post cure boxes
- Provide mechanical design and CAD support when applicable
- Regularly participate in cross-functional teams, make technical presentations, and talk to customers
- Support continuous improvement efforts regarding quality and process efficiency
- Perform market research on competitive products and industry trends
- Assist with other projects not related to digital dentistry
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position as directed by supervisor
- May be asked to participate in Project Management for New Product Development
- New project on-boarding: define a scope of work, critical path, and success metrics
- Support R&D documentation and design controls related to global regulatory compliance
- Manage timelines to ensure on-time project completion
- Hands on experience additive manufacturing, and 3D Printing
- Familiarity with the essentials of CAD and mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Ability to follow instructions and comply with company policies
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-Starter with the ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timetables
- Positive attitude and the desire to learn and grow
- High-level Proficiency in MS Office Products (Excel, OneDrive, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Experience working in a laboratory, manufacturing, or production environment
- Proven track record of project management experience on multi-disciplinary teams is a plus
- Lab Safety training including biohazard, flammables, powered machinery, and basic lab safety
- 4-yr college degree in progress or completed in mechanical, electrical, bio-medical, or related engineering field.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: Employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms;
- Work Environment: This position requires one to work both in an office environment and a manufacturing facility. There is a moderate level of noise, heat, dust, dirt, and fumes.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship