Reporting to the VP Operations, this position will be responsible for the purchasing functions of the Keystone cosmetic divisions and contribute directly to the profitability of the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Review daily MRP demand, issue purchase orders and following up on deliveries through to completion. Review and approve vendor invoices and reconcile pricing discrepancies.
- Create and maintain the master data of all purchased SKUs in our ERP system ensuring data accuracy at all time. Review and adjust stocking policies to reflect demand pattern, special events and future trends.
- Lead pricing negotiations with suppliers taking into consideration product quality, business volume, delivery lead-time, inventory investment, technical support and supply security.
- Locate, qualify and onboard new suppliers for new products or alternate sources.
- Build effective partnership with key suppliers. Monitor performance metrics and oversee satisfactory resolution of complaints and open issues. Keep abreast of changes that may affect product supply or demand, as well as promotional prices and incentives that may lead to higher profitability.
- Collaborate with commercial team and vendors to understand new products and trends and provide follow-up support on sample requests.
- Process sample requests submitted by the labs. Identify potential suppliers, assemble purchasing information and follow through to delivery of samples and relating paperwork to requestors.
- Observe purchasing and vendor management processes ensuring full compliance to the internal ISO and Quality Assurance programs.
- Analyze, identify and implement improvement opportunities in the purchasing function.
- Provide regular updates to other Purchasing Agents, Management, Sales, and other department(s) on purchasing/product information, and delivery times.
- Update computer information on product specifications, minimum order quantities, and lead times.
- Other duties and projects as requested.
- 3-5 years of experience in purchasing, supply chain, or similar role.
- Proficiency in MS Office-especially Excel.
- Knowledgeable/experience working with an MRP or ERP system.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to interface and communicate/collaborate a all levels internally and externally.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work with and meet tight deadlines.
- Flexible- adapt to changing tasks and expectations.
- Strong negotiator and business acumen.
- Self-starter, strong initiative, dependable and capable of following through with minimal supervision.
- Analytical and process driven.
- Resourceful problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or technical field.
- Previous experience working in manufacturing environment.
- Dynamics AX software experience.
- High School Diploma.
- Associates Degree or additional training in purchasing/supply chain a plus.