Assist with planning and overseeing production operations for Cherry Hill, New Jersey including, but not limited to, facilitation of order processing, budgeting, short and long term planning, audits, personnel and continuous improvement efforts.
· Manage all Gel, Monomer and Polymer (KRP) operations in Cherry Hill.
· Manage Keystone Environmental Health & Safety Team in Cherry Hill.
· Manage Keystone Engineering Group and establish best practice Project Management techniques to ensure projects are completed efficiently and effectively.
· Responsible for scale up of lab processes into the plant.
· Assist with directing, planning and overseeing production operations for KRP and assist with the facilitation of order processing.
· Manage supplier relations and purchasing for KRP.
· Interact as required in the determination of manufacturing process economics and associated budget plans.
· Assist Sr. VP of Operations with analysis of processing costs and their impact on profit margins and economics of manufacturing processes.
· Assist in the direction of short and long term strategic planning.
· Assist with the coordination of ISO and cGMP compliance of KR&P for manufacturing operations.
· Assist with various internal audits related to quality, safety and overall productivity. Ensure adherence to ISO and regulatory standards as required. Promote root cause / corrective / preventive actions and the drive for continuous improvements.
· Assist with the preparation of documents relating to Standard Operating Procedures, batch cards and other documents, reports and records, as necessary.
· Assist with the review/approval/verification of product or process requirements and the associated documentation.
· Assist with the processes of addressing proper hazardous and waste material handling related to the KRP processes.
· Assist with the assessment of identifying / specifying necessary equipment and facility upgrades. Perform financial analysis of projects/upgrades as may be required.
· Routinely work with management and production personnel to ensure a smooth flow of finish products to meet customer expectations.
· Assist with the overall monthly production planning and scheduling.
· Administration and coordination of annual Performance Reviews.
Previous experience working in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Minimum 7 – 10 years’ management experience
- Minimum 10 years’ direct industry experience
- Experience with ERP, MRP or similar Inventory Management System
- Plant management experience
- Process Engineering:
o Experience with scale-up and plant introduction of chemical processes.
- Plant troubleshooting.
- Waste disposal handling experience.
- Hazardous response experience/knowledge.
- Experience with ISO – quality assurance / quality control systems.
- Ability to direct, mentor, coach, supervise, and delegate work as required.
- Knowledgeable of plant management skills associated with batch process chemistries.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Knowledge of FDA, cGMP, OSHA, EPA standards required.
- Knowledge of batch suspension polymerizations and polymerization chemistry.
- Knowledge of information systems for planning / scheduling.
- Knowledge of utility systems and overall plant operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar. Business Management experience; MBA desirable.