Keystone Industries is currently seeking an Industrial Electrician to work at our Gibbstown, NJ location.
The Industrial Electrician will work under the guidance of our Senior Industrial Electrician and learn to work in both a manufacturing and office setting.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Residential Electrician to make the jump into an Industrial setting and join a well-rounded team of Maintenance Mechanics!
This position is located at our global headquarters – 480 S. Democrat Road, Gibbstown, NJ (10 minutes from Deptford, NJ)
This position is M-F, approximately 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, with overtime as needed.
The Industrial Electrician is expected to work in a safe and professional manner within a manufacturing environment with primarily flammable raw materials with little supervision, as well as within an office environment as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoot and repair AC and DC electrical circuit as well as control circuitry (motor and instrumentation)
- Test and troubleshoot: Electrical lighting systems, AC variable speed drives, Un-interruptible Power Supply systems
- Read and understand electrical drawings. Understand electrical classification requirements.
- Be aware of unique requirements of a PSM-designated facility (Process Safety Management – OSHA). Familiar with Class 1 Division 1 & 2 electrical classification requirements.
- Familiar with current Arc Flash regulations.
- Diagnose and apply results using: Voltmeters, ammeters, and meggers
- Perform preventive maintenance work as required by site.
- Communicating with supervisors, lead persons, and operators
- Must be able to repair and service automatic control devices such as photoelectric equipment, proximity switches, etc.
- Must qualify as a forklift driver and be trained on the scissor lift.
- Must be able to work at various heights from ladders, scaffolding, or from a scissor lift. Able to work in confined areas and outdoors when required
- Continuously improve knowledge and skills, staying current on available technology.
- Ability to work longer hours and weekends as needed (OT)
- High school diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an electrician
- Understanding of National Electric Code (NFPA 70 and 70E)
- Trade School.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: Employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend; kneel and climb; and lift 50 lbs. on a daily basis.
- Work Environment: This position requires one to work both in an office environment and a manufacturing facility. There are varying temperatures. There is a moderate level of noise, heat, dust, dirt, and fumes.