Website Keystone Research and Pharmaceutical
The Maintenance Mechanic Technician II is responsible for systematic inspection, testing, detection, correction repairs, preventive maintenance, machine upgrades on semi-automated high volume chemical mixing and manufacturing equipment. This includes the timely repair of chemical processing equipment, installation of new equipment, troubleshooting of equipment problems, shop fabrication of various materials and may, at times, include the programming of electrical controls.
Essential Job Functions:
- Install, startup and shutdown equipment in accordance with company safety policies and OSHA requirements
- Demonstrated ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot pumps, valves, fluid changes, belt adjustments and replacements, and seal replacements related to chemical processing production equipment
- Shop Fabrication of various materials
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and program Motor Drives, valves, mechanical systems etc.
- Ability to repair and service automatic control devices such as photoelectric equipment, proximity switches, etc.
- Maintenance personnel are required to become familiar with the nature of production jobs and learn the basic operation and flow of product through Keystone’s processing system and troubleshoot equipment and process problems
- Perform and make recommendations for Preventative Maintenance (PMs) on equipment, effectively reducing and/or eliminating reactive repairs
- Makes suggestions and recommendations for continuous improvements related to method development, processes and procedures, equipment modifications and overalleffectiveness of operation
- Ad-hoc projects as requested by management
- Performs other duties as requested by management
- Adheres to wearing the proper PPE/Safety equipment at all times
- Maintains the highest level of housekeeping
- Understands and complies with all written safety, health and environmental procedures
- Attends all required scheduled Health, Safety and Environmental training sessions
- Participates in required Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives and programs
- Performs required administrative functions related to Health, Safety and Environmental functions such as completing forms, checklists and log sheets
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Mechanic/Technician maintaining chemical or food processing equipment
- Willingness and ability to be forklift certified and trained on scissor lift
- Ability to work at various heights from ladders, scaffolding, or from a scissor lift. Ability to work in confined areas and outdoors when required.
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- Demonstrated knowledge of valves, pumps, mixing motors, chillers, boilers, furnaces, mixing shafts, gearboxes, chain drives, and belt drives
- General Carpentry Skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good oral, written skills with the ability to communicate information to others
- Continuously improve knowledge and skills, staying current with new technologies
- Capable of working in hot, cold or dusty areas
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of standing, walking, kneeling, etc. for long periods of time
- Ability to work longer hours and weekends, as needed
- Pipefitting and Plumbing
- Basic Electrical Circuits, High and Low Voltage Wiring, Blueprint and Schematics Reading
- Knowledge of pumping, flow, vacuum, pressure, hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical devices
- Machine Shop, Welding and Metal Fabrication
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and program PLC’s,
- Millwright experience
- Rigging experience
- High School Graduate or GED
- Trade School
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands:Employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend; kneel and climb; and lift 50 lbs. on a daily basis.
Work Environment:This position requires one to work both in an office environment and a manufacturing facility. There are varying temperatures. There is a moderate level of noise, heat, dust, dirt, and fumes.