Keystone Industries is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We are passionate about our employees. We strive to create an environment that is stimulating and motivating and a culture that fosters mutual respect, teamwork and career development. Please visit our website at www.keystoneind.com to learn more information about Keystone Industries and career opportunities.
In addition to competitive starting salaries, we offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. See company benefits below.
Keystone Industries is currently seeking an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic to work at our location in both Cherry Hill, NJ (1st shift) and Gibbstown, NJ (mid-day shift).
Ideal candidates for this position will have experience maintaining machinery within a chemical manufacturing company. Ideal candidates will have skills in Pipe Fitting, Plumbing, Machine shop, Welding and/or Metal Fabrication.
Maintenance Mechanic Technician III
The Maintenance Mechanic Technician III will assist with systematic inspections, testing, detection, correction repairs, preventive maintenance, and machine upgrades on semi-automated high volume chemical mixing and manufacturing equipment. This includes assisting with the timely repair of chemical processing equipment, installation of new equipment, and troubleshooting equipment problems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with scheduled cleaning duties and preventative maintenance on building and chemical processing and production equipment
- Preventive maintenance will be assigned for both production and facility related equipment activities will include inspections, lubrications, replacements, and periodic small equipment reconditioning
- Assist with keeping industrial equipment in good working order
- Perform basic/minor repair maintenance on pumps, valves, fluid changes, belt adjustments and replacements, and seal replacements related to chemical processing production equipment
- Willingness to learn how to repair both small and large scale chemical processing production equipment such as pumps, compressors, small motors, etc.
- Willingness to learn shop fabrication of various materials
- In cold weather, salt and shovel sidewalks, driveways, parking areas, and steps as appropriate
- Become familiar with the nature of production jobs and learn the basic operation and flow of product through Keystone’s processing system and troubleshoot equipment and process problems
- Ad-hoc projects as requested by management
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Adheres to wearing the proper PPE/Safety equipment at all times
- Maintains the highest level of housekeeping
- Understands and complies with all written safety, health and environmental procedures
- Attends all required scheduled Health, Safety and Environmental training sessions
- Participates in required Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives and programs
- Performs required administrative functions related to Health, Safety and Environmental functions such as completing forms, checklists and log sheets
- 0-3 years’ experience as a Maintenance Mechanic/Technician maintaining chemical or food processing equipment
- Willingness and ability to be forklift certified and trained on scissor lift.
- Ability to work at various heights from ladders, scaffolding, or from a scissor lift. Ability to work in confined areas and outdoors when required.
- Mechanically inclined/basic mechanical aptitude
- Good oral, written skills with the ability to communicate information to others
- Participate in OTJ Training
- Capable of working in hot, cold or dusty areas
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of standing, walking, kneeling, etc. for long periods of time
- Ability to work longer hours and on weekends, as needed
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably chemical or food processing
- Knowledge of Pipefitting and Plumbing
- Knowledge of pumping, flow, vacuum, pressure
- Machine Shop, Welding and/or Metal Fabrication
- Carpentry Skills
- Knowledge of PLCs
- High School Graduate or GED
- Trade School desirable
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: Employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend; kneel and climb; and lift 50 lbs. on a daily basis.
- Work Environment: This position requires one to work both in an office environment and a manufacturing facility. There are varying temperatures. There is a moderate level of noise, heat, dust, dirt, and fumes.
To apply for this job email your resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org