Keystone Industries is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic Tech for our Maintenance/Facilities Department at our Gibbstown, NJ location.
*This position is 2nd shift, approximately 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm*
The Maintenance Mechanic Technician III will assist with systematic inspections, testing, detection, correction repairs, preventive maintenance, and machine upgrades on semi-automated high volume chemical mixing and manufacturing equipment. This includes assisting with the timely repair of chemical processing equipment, installation of new equipment, and troubleshooting equipment problems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with scheduled cleaning duties and preventative maintenance on building and chemical processing and production equipment
- Preventive maintenance will be assigned for both production and facility related equipment activities will include inspections, lubrications, replacements, and periodic small equipment reconditioning
- Assist with keeping industrial equipment in good working order
- Perform basic/minor repair maintenance on pumps, valves, fluid changes, belt adjustments and replacements, and seal replacements related to chemical processing production equipment
- Willingness to learn how to repair both small and large scale chemical processing production equipment such as pumps, compressors, small motors, etc.
- Willingness to learn shop fabrication of various materials
- In cold weather, salt and shovel sidewalks, driveways, parking areas, and steps as appropriate
- Become familiar with the nature of production jobs and learn the basic operation and flow of product through Keystone’s processing system and troubleshoot equipment and process problems
- Ad-hoc projects as requested by management
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Adheres to wearing the proper PPE/Safety equipment at all times
- Maintains the highest level of housekeeping
- Understands and complies with all written safety, health and environmental procedures
- Attends all required scheduled Health, Safety and Environmental training sessions
- Participates in required Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives and programs
- Performs required administrative functions related to Health, Safety and Environmental functions such as completing forms, checklists and log sheets
- 0-3 years’ experience as a Maintenance Mechanic/Technician maintaining chemical or food processing equipment
- Willingness and ability to be forklift certified and trained on scissor lift.
- Ability to work at various heights from ladders, scaffolding, or from a scissor lift. Ability to work in confined areas and outdoors when required.
- Mechanically inclined/basic mechanical aptitude
- Good oral, written skills with the ability to communicate information to others
- Participate in OTJ Training
- Capable of working in hot, cold or dusty areas
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of standing, walking, kneeling, etc. for long periods of time
- Ability to work longer hours and on weekends, as needed
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably chemical or food processing
- Knowledge of Pipefitting and Plumbing
- Knowledge of pumping, flow, vacuum, pressure
- Machine Shop, Welding and/or Metal Fabrication
- Carpentry Skills
- Knowledge of PLCs
- High School Graduate or GED
- Trade School desirable
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: Employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend; kneel and climb; and lift 50 lbs. on a daily basis.
- Work Environment: This position requires one to work both in an office environment and a manufacturing facility. There are varying temperatures. There is a moderate level of noise, heat, dust, dirt, and fumes.
To apply for this job email your resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org