Use lean manufacturing principles to identify and implement process improvements in production and other areas as needed.
Essential Job Functions
· Utilize lean manufacturing and six sigma principles to identify, evaluate, prioritize and implement processed to improve manufacturing and packaging processes.
· Use knowledge of product design, materials and parts to accelerate the development and launch of new products.
· Map current manufacturing processes and develop new ways of working to improve efficiency and quality of manufacturing processes. Create and maintain required manufacturing process documentation, charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, capacity and utilization studies, time and motion studies, standard work, cycle time analysis and line balancing
· Reviewing packaging systems to maximize efficiency and reduce waste
· Designing control systems to minimize costs and production issues
· Analyze data and look for trends to identify opportunities for process improvements, cost savings and lower waste. Track and optimize yields and process capabilities to support product quality and lower waste.
· Identifying process risks and developing controls
· Implement tracking systems to ensure improvements are sustained and continue to deliver the demonstrated improvements.
· Responsible for ensuring the timely and successful transfer and ramp-up of products from product development into full production through establishing efficient, stable and repeatable manufacturing processes in collaboration with the product development teams and suppliers
· Develops and writes equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis, and proposal for integrating machinery and equipment into the manufacturing process
· Assist in the management of time and cost aspects of improvement projects
· Ability to engage and interact with cross-functional teams to gain insight and direction for the implementation of new products, processes, or programs
· Support efforts related to audits, compliance, and regulatory submissions by functional awareness of requirements for the US and international standards
3+ years in a manufacturing environment, demonstrated project management skills, strong data analysis skills, ability to complete process maps.
Lean Manufacturing experience required, Process Improvement and data analysis, Project Management
BS or Higher in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
Six Sigma Green Belt or other certification.