Website Keystone Research and Pharmaceutical
2nd Shift: 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
Essential Job Functions:
- Inspect all forklifts, complete daily checklists, and maintain the inspection forms.
- Ensure the hot boxes are operational at the beginning of the shift.
- Maintain an organized warehousing structure for raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods.
- Utilize Dynamics AX transactions of inventory movements between locations.
- Put all raw material and components away in the proper storage location and consolidate materials in the racks.
- Stage necessary raw materials in the hot box for batches to be made. Update the white board for accuracy as needed.
- Transfer and fill Acetone carriers and report when the acetone drum is changed.
- Transport waste drums to the shed and skid up empty used drums.
- Perform cycle counts and be proactive with inventory reconciliation and FIFO usage of materials.
- Transport finished goods to shipping as needed.
- Confirm that raw materials identified as requiring additional testing before use are properly labeled with a “HOLD”sticker and are placed in the appropriate quarantined area until tested and approved for use. After HOLD stickers are replaced with lab approval stickers, the drums are to be placed into stock.
- Clean and organize the warehouse and overstock area by sweeping floors, remove broken skids and/or pieces of wood, ensure aisles and traffic ways are clear.
- Maintain the Pigment storage room and report any issues.
- Check to see if forklifts need charging at the end of the shift.
- Routinely work with hazardous chemicals and waste.
- Report building or equipment maintenance to the facilities manager.
- All materials must be safely secured to skids when moved
- Use proper PPE when handling chemicals. Safety glasses must be worn at all times
- Follow all site-specific safety protocols
- Minimum 2 Forklift experience on both stand up reach truck and sit down
- Minimum 1 experience in a production atmosphere – chemical manufacturing preferred
- Must be computer literate and be proficient with all MS Office programs i.e., Word, Excel, PP, etc.
- Must have high attention to detail and have some administrative skills i.e., processing of paperwork, maintaining files, etc.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge with ERP/MRP software
- Must be able to work on a team as well as alone
- Excellent interpersonal skills ability to interface and communicate/collaborate at all levels internally and externally
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Good penmanship
- High School Diploma
Physical Demands and Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands:Employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend; kneel and climb; and lift/move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis. In addition, must be able to maneuver and move 30 to 55-gallon drums or up to 500 pounds utilizing the proper drum material handling equipment provided.
- Work Environment:This job primarily operates in a manufacturing environment. However, this position requires one to work both in an office environment and a manufacturing facility. There is a moderate level of noise, heat, dust, dirt, and fumes. Employee frequently works near moving mechanical equipment and chemicals and will be exposed to varying temperatures.