In addition to full time job openings, we are also offering part time schedules for employees in our production/manufacturing areas at our Gibbstown location. Part time shift: to be determined depending on candidates schedule.
The ideal candidate for these positions will have experience in manufacturing or production settings such as a Production Operator, Batch Maker/Chemical Operator, Filling Line Operator, Machine Operator, Packaging/Labeling, etc. The ideal candidate will have assisted with, or run the machine lines in a manufacturing/production setting.
Essential Job Functions
- Read batch cards and record all information required, both written and electronically within the Access and AX database systems
- Fulfill work orders and fulfill the order demands with instruction and supervision.
- Routinely lift 40 lb. cartons.
- Measure amounts of products or weights of filled containers to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Mix ingredients according to specified procedures and formulas.
- Start machines or equipment in order to begin production processes.
- Assist in equipment adjustments, as necessary, to maintain proper product quality control with supervision.
- Observes production and monitors equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products.
- Verify the performance of all calibration and verification checks on production equipment.
- Record and maintain production data such as meter readings, quantities and types of materials.
- Cleaning of filling equipment, lines and tanks (interior) with supervision.
- Assist in performing QC checks (torque, labels, containers, packaging, liquid levels, etc.) when designated by Line Leaders and/or Supv.
- Completes batch paperwork and reviews on hand inventories for accuracy.
- Assist in spill clean-up when designated by Line Leader and/or Supervisor.
- Dispose of waste in appropriate containers and fill out the waste logs.
- Cleaning of specific vessels, lines and packaging equipment with supervision.
- Training/practice of GMP, FDA and Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations.
- Housekeeping and cleaning of rooms.
- Follow all safety guidelines.
- Fluent with the English language. Ability to understand written instructions to follow recipes and/or specified instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic arithmetic – count, adding, subtraction, multiplication, division and reading measurements.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to lift 40 lb. cartons.
- 0 – 6 months’ filling experience
- High School Diploma
Physical Demands and Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands:Employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend; kneel and climb; and lift/move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis. In addition, must be able to maneuver and move 30 to 55- gallon drums or up to 450 pounds utilizing the proper drum material handling equipment provided.
- Work Environment:This position requires one to work in a manufacturing facility. There is a moderate level of noise, heat, cold, dust, and dirt. Employee frequently works near moving mechanical equipment and chemicals and will be exposed to varying temperatures