Website Keystone Research and Pharmaceutical
The Payroll Manager is responsible for implementation and administration of end-to-end payroll and related processes to ensure compliance with federal/state employment laws and internal company policies and procedures. His/ her main role is to serve our employee base by providing accurate and timely compensation in an efficient manner, withholding all appropriate taxes on wages, filing payroll tax reports, deducting benefits and other authorized items from employee wages, monitoring and maintaining procedural integrity and compliance with Local, State and Federal agencies, company’s policies and accounting accuracy.
- Oversee the entire payroll process and ensure timely and accurate processing and postings for all payroll related transactions including compensation, witholdings and deductions for our employees within the United States.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on tax and payroll compliance. Research and execute any payroll requirements, including state, local and federal taxes, Social Security, unemployment, disability, pay rules, etc. enforces adherence to requirements; and to advise management on needed actions.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely payroll tax deductions and filings, including W-2s. Monitor compliance with applicable federal and multi-state laws and regulations. Ensure all tax deposits are processed timely and accurately for each jurisdiction. Review and reconcile payroll tax reports.
- Manage external audit requests as it pertains to payroll by tax jurisdictions.
- Manage classification of employees for workers compensation policy and reporting to the insurance company. Manage workers comp audits.
- Process funding to employee benefits providers, reconcile employees benefits from elections to withholding and elections to bills.
- Manage and maintain integrity of payroll software system to ensure accuracy and completeness of all employee data.
- Processing changes for new hire, termination and leave, employee garnishments, new elections for benefits, changes in tax deductions, etc.
- Maintain organizational structure and hierarchy such as Departments, Positions, and Budget dimensions.
- Executive and Internal Reporting: Generate reports that would ensure accurate record keeping, general ledger reporting and budgeting in conjunction with Finance and Accounting requirements.
- Ensure maintenance of organized payroll documentation, record keeping, and reports.
- Internal controls: implement checks and balances for payroll processing every payroll. Develop and maintain enhanced policies for the processing of payroll and the overall maintenance of state and federal compliance. Strive to identify improvements with the goal of creating ongoing efficiencies. Ensure payroll processes are scalable and ready for high growth.
- Conduct routine audits. Proactively ensure that internal controls/audits are designed, communicated and monitored as necessary to mitigate risk and ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with our outside vendors related to payroll processing and employee benefits
- 5+ years of multi-state payroll experience.
- Experience in multi-state payroll, wage and hour processes and best practices.
- Experienced user of HR software (internal HRIS or external vendor) for payroll processing and time and attendance.
- Experience in the set-up and design of payroll systems
- Experience with supporting and designing vendor interfaces
- Solid Knowledge of DOL and IRS laws pertaining to employment classifications and taxation.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Excellent mathematical skills and the ability to apply accounting, reconciliation and statistical concepts in practical situations.
- Strong knowledge of processing garnishments including knowledge of tax levies, all rules and regulations surrounding garnishments and court orders.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail is essential.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Solid customer relations skills and ability to handle highly sensitive/confidential information.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. Working knowledge of HRIS and reporting skills helpful but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed and strong problem-solving skills.
- Must possess a patient and calm demeanor under pressure.
- BA or BS degree (Degree in Accounting desirable)
- CPP a plus
- Enriched Medical Plan with Vision
- Enriched Dental Plan Company-sponsored Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – Medical & Dependent Care
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- 401K Safe Harbor – Employer Contribution of 3% Gross Wages
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- LA Fitness Center Membership (Cherry Hill)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Tickets to sports events and concerts throughout the year
- Voluntary Term Life/AD&D and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Vision Discount Plan
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume in a word document to email address provided.
Keystone Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Keystone Industries does not discriminate against any applicant with regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability or national origin.