The Process Safety Engineer will provide technical support for process safety regionally, including both the Cherry Hill and Gibbstown sites. This individual will be an active, decisive member of the EHS team, working to prevent injury/illness by proactively managing risk and promoting a culture that expects and supports a safe, healthy workplace. This position requires 5+ years of chemical operations background with 3-5 years in process safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide technical support on process safety during operation and design of new plant and equipment.
- Develop process hazard analysis methodology for the company and own the process safety program for the region.
- Facilitate, support and review process hazard studies for new and existing installations. Monitor action closure from studies.
- Implement and maintain a management of change process including key metrics monitoring for compliance.
- Complete audits of process safety program and develop and report key metrics to ensure compliance to OSHA Process Safety standard. Facilitate external audits and action closure.
- Conduct process risk assessments for all PSM sites and provide the company with an independent high-level review of the risks and the status of all control measures.
- Conduct detailed risk analysis of existing facilities to consider the frequency and consequences of a process upset to ensure operations present no intolerable risks to the company.
- Investigate any process safety incidents to ensure the causes of the incident are fully understood and corrective actions are completed.
- Responsible for internal emergency response regarding spills and evacuations; use independent judgment to assess the situation to perform or assign additional tasks.
- Be a member of the EHS team in the region and support activities as needed.
- 5+ years’ experience in chemical manufacturing.
- Trained in hazard study process and OSHA PSM standards
- Working knowledge of hazard study process at a leadership level.
- Ability to complete risk assessment and process safety calculations to determine risk levels.
- Knowledge of chemical properties, associated hazards, proper labeling and storage requirements.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials, emergency response actions, including spill containment, cleanup and reporting requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to achieve results through team efforts.
- Ability to interface and communicate/collaborate at all levels internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate a clear vision to promote and foster a culture of safety.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering,Chemistry or related
- Process safety certifications a plus