Keystone Industries is currently seeking a Production Area Supervisor to work out of our Gibbstown, NJ facility.
This candidate would work on 1st shift, and potentially transition to 2nd shift down the road, long-term.
480 S. Democrat Road, Gibbstown, NJ 08027
The ideal candidate for these positions will have experience as a Supervisor or Lead in manufacturing or production settings, overseeing operations in Batch making/Chemical Operating. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of chemical operating processes, and be able to lead a team of Operators. The ideal candidate will demonstrate professionalism, encourage team work, and be able to communicate with employees of all levels.
Oversee area production operations. Assists with management, direction and planning in the assigned area.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists with the management, direction and planning of the production area operations
- Assist / direct the coordination of ISO and cGMP compliance of KR&P for area manufacturing operations
- Assist in the direction of various internal audits related to quality, safety and overall productivity
- Ensure adherence to ISO and regulatory standards as required. Promote root cause / corrective / preventive actions and the drive for continuous improvements
- Assist / direct the preparation of documents relating to Standard Operating Procedures, batch cards and other documents, reports and records, as necessary
- Assist / direct the review/approval/verification of product or process requirements and the associated documentation
- Assist in the processes of addressing the proper hazardous and waste material handling related to company processes
- Routinely work with management and production personnel to ensure a smooth flow of finish products to meet customer expectations
- Assist for recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions, enforcing policies and procedures
- Assist for performance evaluations of Production Gel team members and for providing training and development opportunities, including management training, for those inside the department
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop a team
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees – engage and motivate, enhancing performance
- Assist in direction of the overall monthly production planning and scheduling
- Addressing safety and health issues for self and employees
- Promoting Safety programs, participation in programs
- Minimum 3 years’ management or supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a chemical environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance / quality control systems
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to direct, mentor, coach, supervise, and delegate work as required
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of FDA, cGMP, OSHA, EPA standards required
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrated knowledge of utility systems and overall plant operations
- Demonstrated ability to operate ERP/MRP Software but not required
- 2 years’ experience in higher education; 4-year degree a plus but not mandatory
Physical Demands and Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: Employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend; kneel and climb. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 40 pounds.
- Work Environment: This job primarily operates in a manufacturing environment. However, this position requires one to work both in an office environment and a manufacturing facility. There is a moderate level of noise, heat, dust, dirt, and fumes. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical equipment and chemicals and will be exposed to varying temperatures.