3:00 pm – 11:30 pm, M-F.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for systematic inspection, testing, detection, correction repairs, preventive maintenance, machine upgrades on semi-automated high volume chemical mixing and manufacturing equipment. This includes the timely repair of processing equipment, installation of new equipment, and troubleshooting of equipment problems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Install, startup and shutdown equipment in accordance with company safety policies and OSHA requirements
- Demonstrated ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot pumps, valves, fluid changes, belt adjustments and replacements
- Shop Fabrication of various materials
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and program Motor Drives, valves, mechanical systems etc.
- Ability to repair and service automatic control devices such as photoelectric equipment, proximity switches, etc.
- Maintenance personnel are required to become familiar with the nature of production jobs and learn the basic operation and flow of product through Keystone’s processing system and troubleshoot equipment and process problems
- Perform and make recommendations for Preventative Maintenance (PMs) on equipment, effectively reducing and/or eliminating reactive repairs
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Maintenance Mechanic/Technician maintaining chemical, food or related processing equipment
- Willingness and ability to be forklift certified and trained on scissor lift
- Ability to work at various heights from ladders, scaffolding, or from a scissor lift. Ability to work in confined areas and outdoors when required.
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- Demonstrated knowledge of valves, pumps, mixing motors, chillers, boilers, furnaces, mixing shafts, gearboxes, chain drives, and belt drives
- General Carpentry Skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good oral, written skills with the ability to communicate information to others
- Continuously improve knowledge and skills, staying current with new technologies
- Capable of working in hot, cold or dusty areas
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Capable of standing, walking, kneeling, etc. for long periods of time
- Ability to work longer hours and weekends, as needed
- Basic Electrical Circuits, High and Low Voltage Wiring, Blueprint and Schematics Reading
- Knowledge of pumping, flow, vacuum, pressure, hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical devices
- Machine Shop, Welding and Metal Fabrication
- High School Graduate or GED
- Trade School