Website Keystone Research and Pharmaceutical
Keystone Industries is currently seeking Chemical Operators for our Cherry Hill location.
Chemical Operators and Batch Makers – Work 32 Hours and get paid for 40
Keystone Industries, the largest nail coatings manufacturer in the world has an amazing opportunity for chemical operators and batch makers: work 3 days for a total of 32 hours and get paid for 40 hours (at standard pay rate) plus full company benefits. If you work 12 hours on Saturday, 12 hours on Sunday and one 8-hour day during the week,we will pay you for 40 hours.
4th Shift: 6:00 am – 6:00 pm – Saturdays and Sundays
5th Shift 6:00 pm – 6:00 am – Saturdays and Sundays
Plus,one 8-hour day during the week (M-F)
2nd Shift: 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm (M-F)
The ideal candidate for these positions will have experience in manufacturing or production settings such as a Production/Chemical Operator, Machine Operator, Batch Maker/Mixer, Blender, or Compounder.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to read and fulfill work orders and fulfill the order demands with instruction and supervision.
- Set-up and operation of lines, tanks and packaging equipment with supervision.
- Fill batches as necessary.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products.
- Observes production and monitors equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Record and maintain production data such as meter readings, quantities and types of materials.
- Assist in performing QC checks (torque, labels, containers, packaging, liquid levels, etc.) when designated by Line Leaders and/or Supervisor.
- Assist in equipment adjustments, as necessary, to maintain proper product quality control with supervision.
- Cleaning of filling equipment, lines and tanks (interior) with supervision.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Assist in performing general housekeeping duties.
- Assist in spill clean-up when designated by Line Leader and/or Supervisor.
- Dispose of waste in appropriate containers and fill out the waste logs.
- Ad hoc projects
- Additional duties/tasks as needed/requested by management.
- Fluent with the English language.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic arithmetic – count, adding, subtraction, multiplication, division and reading measurements.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to routinely lift 55 lb. cartons.
- 0 – 6 months working in a manufacturing environment.
- 0-1-year forklift experience.
- High School Diploma or GED
HESS (Health, Environmental, Safety and Security)
- Comply with all safety regulations; maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Adheres to wearing the proper PPE/Safety equipment at all times
- Understands and complies with all written safety, health and environmental procedures
- Attends all required scheduled Health, Safety and Environmental training sessions
- Participates in required Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives and programs.
- Perform required administrative functions related to Health, Safety and Environmental functions such as completing forms, checklists and log sheets.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical Demands: Employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend; kneel and climb; and lift/move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis. In addition, must be able to maneuver and move 30 to 55-gallon drums or up to 450 pounds utilizing proper drum material handling equipment and/or the proper techniques.
- Work Environment: This position requires one to work in a manufacturing facility. There is a moderate level of noise, heat, cold, dust, and dirt. Employee frequently works near moving mechanical equipment and chemicals and will be exposed to varying temperatures.