Job Description – Purchasing Manager
Reporting to the Global Supply Chain Director this position is responsible for the development and implementation of purchasing strategy, objectives, polices and processes for Keystone’s cosmetic division. He/she will work alongside the business managers to add value, create/maintain strategic supplier relationships, mitigate supply chain risk, achieve cost savings and continuous improvement in the delivery of goods and services.
- Lead and manage the purchasing team to ensure all members are contributing to the success of the corporate and business objectives. Recruit and retain talents, provide on-the-job training and mentoring, organize cross-training among team members, build/cultivate a strong team of professional buyers.
- Work with management in Sales, Operations and Finance to understand purchasing demands, inventory needs and financial targets. Plan, organize, and direct to ensure product availability to meet production and distribution requirements.
- Lead contract negotiation with suppliers taking into consideration product quality, pricing, service performance, regulatory compliance, supply security and, for international buying, duties, tariffs and shipping costs.
- Build/cultivate effective partnership with key suppliers. Oversee satisfactory resolution of complaints and open issues. Pursue continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop performance metrics, analyze, define and execute specific projects to reduce costs, increase inventory turn, improve services, efficiency and supply security.
- Collaborate with R&D/sales to understand trends and source new products. Locate, evaluate and onboard new suppliers for new products or alternate sources.
- Monitor industry and economic trends identifying supply risks and developing mitigation plans.
- Develop, implement and oversee the compliance of purchasing and contract management policies and procedures. Ensure purchasing/vendor assessment records and other controlled documents are maintained per internal guidelines.
- Approve purchase orders in accordance with the company policy.
- Oversee data integrity in ERP system ensuring vendor information, purchase prices, lead-times, MOQ, item setup, MinMax values etc. are accurately maintained.
- BS Degree in relevant field, MBA preferred
Previous Work Experience:
- Minimum 7 years solid experience in purchasing, sourcing and inventory management in the chemical manufacturing field with at least 3 years in a managerial position with direct reports
- Analytical and result driven
- Self-starter, strong initiative, dependable and capable of being an effective change agent.
- Resourceful, comfortable with ambiguity and skilled problem solver
- Strong negotiator and business acumen
- Effective communicator
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and effective in dealing with conflicts
- IT savvy with solid ERP experience; and Microsoft AX knowledge a definite plus