Keystone Industries is currently seeking QC Packaging Inspectors (2) to work at our Gibbstown, NJ location (480 S. Democrat Road, Gibbstown, NJ 08027) on 2nd shift (3:00 pm – 11:30 pm, M-F)
The Packaging QC Inspector is responsible for reviewing and inspecting packaging components before, during, and after the production process. The inspectors will work alongside Machine/Production Operators on a production line in an effort to maintain complete customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform quality control tests/inspections on in coming materials for packaging lines, including bottles, caps, brushes, labels, boxes, silk screened items, cartons, etc. Issue approvals and rejections as needed.
- Perform quality control inspection/checks of in-process and final filled product and release of acceptable product
- Develop product specifications for in house filled units or work with customer to adapt a customer’s specifications to our system
- Develop and document product test/inspection methods
- Develop and document equipment and activity SOP’s as they relate to QC
- Provide customers with input on selecting appropriate materials
- Perform control chart monitoring of plant production
- Maintain quality control documents and production records
- Conduct Product Conformance Investigations (PCI) on products that are believed to be nonconforming or defective
- Interface with QA on documentation for audits, validation, medical devices, regulated materials and critical raw materials
- Interface directly with customers on quality-related issues
- Interface directly with production on issues that relate to product quality
- Participate in internal and external audits
- Organize and oversee COAs. COCs and pre-ship samples for sales and for customers
- Prepare and inspect pre-ship samples for sales and customers
- Order chemicals, consumables and equipment as necessary
- Produce customer specialty samples as necessary
- Complete special assignments as required/requested by Management
- 2 – 5 years’ directly related experience in quality control and/or quality assurance in a manufacturing/production setting
- Ability to teach aspects of testing and inspection methods to production employees and other QC inspection technicians
- Computer Proficient
- Proficiency in MS Office (especially Outlook and Excel)
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline driven
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timetable
- Flexible- adapt to changing tasks and expectations
- High attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to interface and communicate/collaborate at all levels internally and externally
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Knowledge of FDA, cGMP, OSHA, EPA standards desired
- Previous experience in manufacturing processing
- Ability to multi-task and work with several product lines and SKUs
- Associates degree or equivalent in any science field desired, but not required
- High School Diploma
Physical Demands and Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: Employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend; kneel and climb. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds on a daily basis.
- Work Environment: This position requires one to work both in an office, warehouse and production environment. There is a moderate level of noise, heat, cold, dust and dirt. Employee will be exposed to varying temperatures.