Website Keystone Research and Pharmaceutical
- Develop new and novel formulations for coatings on fingernail and plastic substrates
- Create new test methods for appropriate evaluation of new and existing technologies
- Key member of the Research team for new concepts and products to support the existing cosmetic and specialty businesses
- Test and evaluate new raw materials, intermediates and finished products
- Interface with analytical team for routine and advanced analytical work including but not limited to; method development, instrument maintenance, data management, review and reporting of results.
- Produce customer specialty samples as necessary
- Present new concepts and technologies to sales and marketing team as well as management
- As needed, directly interface with suppliers, sales staff and customers as part of the product development process and/or quality management process
- Interact with laboratories and sales teams in other global locations
- Identify important scale up parameters and design plant equipment to safely manufacture new formulations
- Assist in the Scale up of formulations and processes into production equipment
- Interface with production/ quality management for advanced troubleshooting of quality issues and evaluation and validation of designed process improvements
- Assist quality group in product quality investigations and troubleshooting
- Work with regulatory team to support daily activities and support sales/ customer initiatives
- Support, develop and maintain laboratory tracking systems for raw materials, lab samples and finished goods
- Assist in the generation and maintenance of KRP system documentation, including but not limited to batch cards, SOPs, test methods, lab retains and training documents
- Oversee training of new team members and maintain appropriate training records, as needed
- Assign projects to junior team members and supervise/oversee the related tasks as directed by senior management
- Participate in the general upkeep of the R&D laboratory facility
- Work safely with hazardous chemicals and waste
- Complete special assignments as required
- Attend relevant technological training seminars and trade shows
- 5+ years of experience in a laboratory atmosphere.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a team based environment and work collaboratively to solve problems
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications
B.A. or B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or related science
Coating Formulations experience
- Polymer experience
- Experience with cosmetic colorants
- UV Coatings experience