The Senior Account Manager is highly motivated and driven. S/he will work closely with existing sales team with the primary focus of growing Keystone’s corporate account base through effective account management and consultative sales techniques to grow market share. S/he has as a drive for achieving goals and maintaining a great customer experience and is expected to suggest forward-thinking ideas to promote our products.
Essential Job Functions
- Operating as the initial point of contact for customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account measures (e.g. monthly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Generate innovative ideas to support customers and market products to the domestic cosmetic wholesale trade
- New account development for specified territory
- Communicate with clients to resolve issues and inquiries and assist with challenging client requests promptly and courteously or issue escalations as needed
- Demonstrates a professional image in representing Keystone Industries and its products
- Proficient in learning product line, characteristics and application
- Use client feedback to improve customer experience
- Identify and approach potential clients
- Stay up-to-date with product launches and provide support to clients and the sales team
- Place and follow-up on orders
- Interface with internal/external contacts regarding product specifications, cost/price, timing, etc.
- Prioritize and track deliverables to ensure timely delivery
- Attend and represent Keystone Industries at trade shows, conventions and conferences
- Provides market intelligences to assist the company to meet market demands
- Draft correspondence, emails reports, memoranda, and other communications
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties in support of departmental goals
- Mentoring of Junior Account Managers, Account Managers, and Customer Service Reps.
- 8+ years proven work experience as an Account Manager or relevant role
- Sales experience in the cosmetic, beauty, or fashion industry (B2B)
- Previous experience working in manufacturing setting a plus
- Ability to manage high profile accounts and represent Keystone Industries professionally.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence customers at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening and presentation abilities
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills-ability to interface and communicate/collaborate at all levels internally and externally
- Must have good organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with database applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high demand environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (scientists, sales, distribution, etc.)
- Experience with digital media tools such as corporate website, social media, search engines, etc.
- Experience in analytics a plus. Establishing and measuring sales goals. Identifying market trends and sales trends
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and travel, if needed
- Must be proactive and pay close attention to details
- BS/BA Degree in either Marketing, Sales or Business preferred