Senior Account Manager (Cosmetic Manufacturing)
Ideal candidates for this position will have strong time management and project management skills. Individuals that will be successful in this role will have approachable and friendly personalities, and able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Industry experience in cosmetic manufacturing is strongly desired.
The Senior Account Manager is highly motivated and driven. S/he will work closely with existing sales team with the primary focus of growing Keystone’s corporate account base through effective account management and consultative sales techniques to grow market share. S/he has as a drive for achieving goals and maintaining a great customer experience and is expected to suggest forward-thinking ideas to promote our products.
Essential Job Functions
- Operating as the initial point of contact for customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account measures (e.g. monthly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Generate innovative ideas to support customers and market products to the domestic cosmetic wholesale trade
- New account development for specified territory
- Communicate with clients to resolve issues and inquiries and assist with challenging client requests promptly and courteously or issue escalations as needed
- Demonstrates a professional image in representing Keystone Industries and its products
- Proficient in learning product line, characteristics and application
- Use client feedback to improve customer experience
- Identify and approach potential clients
- Stay up-to-date with product launches and provide support to clients and the sales team
- Place and follow-up on orders
- Interface with internal/external contacts regarding product specifications, cost/price, timing, etc.
- Prioritize and track deliverables to ensure timely delivery
- Attend and represent Keystone Industries at trade shows, conventions and conferences
- Provides market intelligences to assist the company to meet market demands
- Draft correspondence, emails reports, memoranda, and other communications
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties in support of departmental goals
- Mentoring of Junior Account Managers, Account Managers, and Customer Service Reps.
- 8+ years proven work experience as an Account Manager or relevant role
- Sales experience in the cosmetic, beauty, or fashion industry (B2B)
- Previous experience working in manufacturing setting a plus
- Ability to manage high profile accounts and represent Keystone Industries professionally.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence customers at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening and presentation abilities
- Excellent teamwork and collaborative attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills-ability to interface and communicate/collaborate at all levels internally and externally
- Must have good organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with database applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high demand environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (scientists, sales, distribution, etc.)
- Experience with digital media tools such as corporate website, social media, search engines, etc.
- Experience in analytics a plus. Establishing and measuring sales goals. Identifying market trends and sales trends
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and travel, if needed
- Must be proactive and pay close attention to details
- BS/BA Degree in either Marketing, Sales or Business preferred