Website Keystone Research and Pharmaceutical
Staff Accountant – Financial Reporting
Staff Accountant- Financial Reporting will assist in managing all aspects of our financial reporting cycle, including preparation of financial statements and development, maintenance and refinement of financial reporting policies, practices and procedures for the Company and its domestic and foreign subsidiaries.
· Assist in monthly close processes as directed. Ensure that all journal entries are booked accurately and timely.
· Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accuracy and proper support of all accounts
· Prepare a trend analysis of operating expenses and review monthly variances to budget and provide explanations to significant variances. Review expenditures to ensure proper account coding and classification. Ensure that appropriate policy is properly enforced.
· Fixed Asset Management: Support capital expenditure activities by maintaining, updating fixed asset module, determining what is capitalizable based on company’s accounting policies and GAAP, along with useful life, asset type and depreciation method and comparing actual vs budgeted amounts
· Assist in preparation of consolidated financial statements and other internal reports
· Asisst in annual review process
· Assist in preparation of various analysis, financial schedules and divisional reports
· Keep current with new accounting pronouncements
· Assist in Research complex accounting issues, identify applicable GAAP, and prepare position papers
· Establish, improve and maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting
· Assist in developing and updating policies and procedures as needed.
· Assist with financial reporting systems upgrades or implementations as needed
· Enhance processes and controls by improving documentation and workflows, where applicable
· Assist in other general accounting activities as required
· Produce ad hoc reports and analyses as requested
· Assist with other projects
- 1-2 years’ experience
- Strong knowledge in US GAAP, application complex accounting principles, ability to research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues
- Strong analytical and data mining ability
- Strong internal control mindset with ability to identify and remediate process inefficiencies
- Excellent oral, written, listening, and presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate complex information to others
- High attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism
- Proven ability to perform under deadlines, to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements
- Must be an effective team player
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office applications
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· CPA or eligible to sit for CPA Exam strongly preferred