Keystone Industries is currently seeking 2 Shipping Warehouse Associates in Gibbstown, NJ.
This position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to complete proper and thorough shipping paperwork. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced warehouse setting. Forklift and Crown experience a “plus”.
- 5:00 AM – 1:30 PM, M-F
- 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM, M-F
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for Warehouse functions including, but not limited to shipping/receiving, product handling and storage, order picking, and packing. Responsible for maintaining current Warehouse documented procedures and task instructions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain an organized warehousing structure for intermediates and finished goods
- Put all materials and components away in the proper storage location and consolidate materials in the racks
- Count, inspect, and determine stock locations for new items
- Maximize the use of available storage space by consolidating materials as necessary
- Maintain inventory value and location integrity by ensuring all materials are put in their proper locations
- Responsible for maintaining records for all inventory returns and movements
- Investigate inventory discrepancies as they arise
- Perform cycle counts and be proactive with inventory reconciliation and FIFO (First In/First Out) usage of materials
- Learn the receiving function through Dynamics AX, to help assist the receiver on all incoming shipments as well as delivering packages throughout the facility
- Enter item information into computer system
- Confirm amounts and products and match packing lists and purchase order information
- Visually inspect for product damage
- Enter receiving data into the computer
- Enter and/or receive all product transfers
- Perform Quality Control functions as needed
- Product rotations
- Communicate order/receipt errors and other problems to corporate as quickly as possible
- Fill open orders – Pick, pull, wrap and prepare for customer pick-up or shipping
- Prepare carton labeling and shipping documentation
- Assist in preparing any necessary hazardous material documentation. Follow all regulations that pertain to air, ocean and overland freight
- Complete and maintain appropriate records on above
- Assist in the loading/unloading incoming shipments and transfers received from other Keystone facilities, and put stock away
- Responsible for returning merchandise to the warehouse for review and/or credits
- Assist in tracking lost or delayed shipments and place claims if necessary
- Unload and process UPS, FedEx, Motor Carrier and any other deliveries received or shipping
- Ensures all warehouse equipment i.e., Forklifts, Pallet Jacks, Pallet Wrap Machines, etc. are maintained and in good working order, as well as ensuring forklifts are charged daily as required
- Routinely work with hazardous chemicals
- Report building or equipment maintenance to the manager
- Clean and organize the warehouse by sweeping floors, removing broken skids and/or pieces of wood, ensure aisles and traffic ways are clear
- Perform and assist with other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years Forklift experience on both stand up reach truck and sit down
- Minimum 2 years shipping / receiving experience in a warehouse setting
- Knowledge of warehouse functions including receiving, storage, picking, packing, invoicing and shipping
- Knowledge of DOT shipping regulations including hazardous material classifications and packing, labeling and shipping requirements
- UPS Manifest and computer system
- Must be computer literate and be proficient with MS Office programs i.e., Word, Excel, PP, etc.
- Must have good attention to detail and have some administrative skills i.e., processing of paperwork, maintaining files, etc.
- Experience with inventory control and Cycle counts
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Must be a self-starter and ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience operating a crown truck
- High School Diploma
- DOT Hazmat Shipping
- UPS Hazmat Shipping
Physical Demands and Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands:Employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend and lift/move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis. In addition, must be able to maneuver and move 30 to 55-gallon drums or up to 450 pounds utilizing the proper drum material handling equipment provided.
- Work Environment:This position requires one to work both in an office environment and warehouse. There is a moderate level of noise, heat, cold, dust, and dirt. Employee will be exposed to varying temperatures.