Keystone Industries is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We are passionate about our employees. We strive to create an environment that is stimulating and motivating and a culture that fosters mutual respect, teamwork and career development. Please visit our website at www.keystoneind.com to learn more information about Keystone Industries and career opportunities.
In addition to competitive starting salaries, we offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. See company benefits below.
Keystone Industries is currently seeking 3-4 Shipping Warehouse Associates in Gibbstown, NJ.
This position requires strong attention to detail and the ability to complete proper and thorough shipping paperwork. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced warehouse setting. Forklift and Crown experience a “plus”.
- 5:00 AM – 1:30 PM, M-F
- 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM, M-F
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for Warehouse functions including, but not limited to shipping/receiving, product handling and storage, order picking, and packing. Responsible for maintaining current Warehouse documented procedures and task instructions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain an organized warehousing structure for intermediates and finished goods
- Put all materials and components away in the proper storage location and consolidate materials in the racks
- Count, inspect, and determine stock locations for new items
- Maximize the use of available storage space by consolidating materials as necessary
- Maintain inventory value and location integrity by ensuring all materials are put in their proper locations
- Responsible for maintaining records for all inventory returns and movements
- Investigate inventory discrepancies as they arise
- Perform cycle counts and be proactive with inventory reconciliation and FIFO (First In/First Out) usage of materials
- Learn the receiving function through Dynamics AX, to help assist the receiver on all incoming shipments as well as delivering packages throughout the facility
- Enter item information into computer system
- Confirm amounts and products and match packing lists and purchase order information
- Visually inspect for product damage
- Enter receiving data into the computer
- Enter and/or receive all product transfers
- Perform Quality Control functions as needed
- Product rotations
- Communicate order/receipt errors and other problems to corporate as quickly as possible
- Fill open orders – Pick, pull, wrap and prepare for customer pick-up or shipping
- Prepare carton labeling and shipping documentation
- Assist in preparing any necessary hazardous material documentation. Follow all regulations that pertain to air, ocean and overland freight
- Complete and maintain appropriate records on above
- Assist in the loading/unloading incoming shipments and transfers received from other Keystone facilities, and put stock away
- Responsible for returning merchandise to the warehouse for review and/or credits
- Assist in tracking lost or delayed shipments and place claims if necessary
- Unload and process UPS, FedEx, Motor Carrier and any other deliveries received or shipping
- Ensures all warehouse equipment i.e., Forklifts, Pallet Jacks, Pallet Wrap Machines, etc. are maintained and in good working order, as well as ensuring forklifts are charged daily as required
- Routinely work with hazardous chemicals
- Report building or equipment maintenance to the manager
- Clean and organize the warehouse by sweeping floors, removing broken skids and/or pieces of wood, ensure aisles and traffic ways are clear
- Perform and assist with other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years Forklift experience on both stand up reach truck and sit down
- Minimum 2 years shipping / receiving experience in a warehouse setting
- Knowledge of warehouse functions including receiving, storage, picking, packing, invoicing and shipping
- Knowledge of DOT shipping regulations including hazardous material classifications and packing, labeling and shipping requirements
- UPS Manifest and computer system
- Must be computer literate and be proficient with MS Office programs i.e., Word, Excel, PP, etc.
- Must have good attention to detail and have some administrative skills i.e., processing of paperwork, maintaining files, etc.
- Experience with inventory control and Cycle counts
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Must be a self-starter and ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience operating a crown truck
- High School Diploma
- DOT Hazmat Shipping
- UPS Hazmat Shipping
Physical Demands and Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: Employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend and lift/move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis. In addition, must be able to maneuver and move 30 to 55-gallon drums or up to 450 pounds utilizing the proper drum material handling equipment provided.
- Work Environment: This position requires one to work both in an office environment and warehouse. There is a moderate level of noise, heat, cold, dust, and dirt. Employee will be exposed to varying temperatures.
To apply for this job email your resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org